The baptismal age is up to 6 years of age, if older they are required to attend CCD Classes. Please refer to Religious Education. Only one parent is required to reserve the baptismal date.
We have Sunday baptisms, which are included in our scheduled Masses at 12:15pm in English and 2:00 p.m. in Spanish. We generally allow only 2 children for each Baptism rite.
We also have Saturday baptisms, which are private and are scheduled either at 10:00 a.m., 12:00 p.m. or 2:00 p.m., whichever is available.
There are several documents required at the time of registration, they are as follows: - Proof of residence of Parents: Driver’s License and Utility Bill
- Original Birth Certificate or Hospital Record of the child - Permission Letter (if parents live outside the parish boundaries) - Both Godparents’Original Baptismal Certificate
- Both Godparents’ copy of Driver’s License/Identification
- Pre-Baptismal Class Certificate for bothParents
- Pre-Baptismal Class Certificate for bothGodparents
- $50 for Sunday Baptism or $150 for Saturday Private Baptism
At least one Godparent must be a practicing Catholic and the other a Christian witness. Catholic Godparent(s) must be baptized and both must provide a Baptismal Certificate. Please make sure to fill out the application with the full legal name of the Godparents. Any changes of Godparents must notify the office prior to the baptismal date. New Godparents must also provide Baptismal Certificate.
To attend a Pre-Baptismal Class please visit https://lacatholics.org/baptism/. At the end of the class, you will be issued a certificate, please make a print out & submit to the office. We may also accept a previous Certificate of Attendance of a Pre-Baptismal class, if the certificate was originally issued no longer than one year and upon office staff approval.
Date & time is only reserved when all requirements are submitted in the office.